Sunday, February 21, 2010

Petite Jean Overlook and likening the world unto conversion

There are a pair of rocks at Petite Jean Overlook in Arkansas that look like Gorilla faces. I had to attempt to draw them. I have a personal foto of them on another computer, but I ended up using a foto in a book of Arkansas fotos by Tim Ernst. I have come across 3 of his books and I love them. One is Arkansas Landscapes, Arkansas Wildlife and Arkansas Portfolio I (which I have not seen) and II. As always , this did not photograph well. I made the main "face" too long. There should not be so much space between the "brow" and "nose

Flowering cactus
I considered the gradual conversion, the softening of the heart of someone learning of the Gospel, how a flower begins to bloom among the pricklies.

No comments:

Post a Comment