Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cardinal at the feeder


Cardinal at my moms feeder (It was low on seed) on a snowy day
from a foto taken by Mary. As always, the drawing did not photograph well.

"When I began this day [Matthew said] my life was like the surface of a stormy sea. I was unclean. I was blind. I sat on my seat in the custom house, not realizing that it was I who was spiritually paralyzed, that it was I who was spiritually dead....as you marvel about what you have seen, do not forget this, I stand before you a different man. THe storm in my heart has been stilled. I am healed of my sickness, cured of my blindness, cleansed of my uncleaness. I have been raised from spiritual death to new life...What you saw in the house of Jairus was a miracle of astonishing power. But for me, the greatest miracle of all is what has happened to my heart."

---The Kingdom and the Crown, by Gerald Lund

(which volume, I am uncertain)

No comments:

Post a Comment